We live in uncertain times – the cost to the nation of surviving Covid 19 means changes to taxation are inevitable but will it result in tinkering with IHT and CGT or will we have a wealth tax as well or instead? The purpose of this webinar is to probe the practical problems associated with planning an individual’s estate to reduce the impact of capital taxes and enhance the net estate for inheritance purposes
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the options with clients
- Avoid the traps for the unwary
- Act decisively in planning a client’s finances to good effect
- General overview of capital tax developments
- Can we undertake estate planning in the era of GAAR and DOTAS?
- Lifetime giving
- Avoiding settlor interested trusts
- The use of insurance products, pensions, gifts, trusts and reliefs to mitigate Inheritance Tax
This webinar is sponsored by Estate Research. Probate Genealogists and ‘heir hunters’ serving the Public Sector and Private Client Legal Sector.