Webinar: How To Replace Trustees Who Lack Capacity
3 November 2021
£40.00 + VAT
Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – 1pm-2pm
Webinar Presented by: Gill Steel, Owner/Director, LawSkills Ltd
Premier trainer in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax & Elderly Client
1 hour – SRA Statement of Competence A2, A4, B1, B7, C1-3, D1 & D2
Many couples hold property jointly as joint tenants or tenants in common and when one loses capacity it can cause difficulty. Similarly, trusts can go on for longer than may have been anticipated and a trustee continues in post too long and becomes unable to act. These kinds of scenario are becoming all too familiar to practitioners. This webinar aims to highlight for practitioners this problem and will address how to manage any transition from one set of trustees to another
Participants will be able to:
- Address the problems resulting from having an incapacitated trustee in charge of a trust
- Use tools to mitigate against the problems arising
- Are you in time for an orderly retirement?
- Can a trustee’s attorney act?
- What sort of assets need management?
- Ideas for removing incapable trustees
- Recent cases
This webinar is sponsored by Estate Research. Probate Genealogists and ‘heir hunters’ serving the Public Sector and Private Client Legal Sector.