Chargeable Events In Relevant Property Trusts
£40.00 – £200.00 + VAT
This is an online video recording of our webinar from 6th October 2021
Webinar Presented by: Gill Steel, Owner/Director, LawSkills Ltd
Premier trainer in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax & Elderly Client
1 hour – SRA Statement of Competence A2, A3, A5, B1, C1-C3, D1 & D2
Dealing with the IHT treatment of trusts in the relevant property regime is challenging. The aim of this webinar is to remind practitioners of the chargeable events in the life of a trust from an IHT point of view and to help practitioners master when to report them to HMRC. No consideration will be given to the cessation of conditional exemption or chargeable events in respect of alternatively secured pensions.
Participants will be able to:
- Distinguish between chargeable events which need to be reported and those which do not
- Complete the IHT 100
- What is a chargeable event?
- Lifetime gifts
- Ending of an interest in possession trust
- Discretionary trusts
- Assets leaving Aged 18-25 trusts
- Assets ceasing to be held on special trusts
- IHT 100
- Regulations which provide exceptions from reporting
This webinar is sponsored by Estate Research. Probate Genealogists and ‘heir hunters’ serving the Public Sector and Private Client Legal Sector.