LawSkills Digest Annual Subscription
£120.00 + VAT
If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to keep up to date with pressing topics in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client law, with quality insights from Gill Steel and her team, why not subscribe to our LawSkills Monthly Digest?
This is a single-user annual subscription to the LawSkills Digest.
(also available for +10 seats at £97.50+VAT)
About LawSkills Digest
- Focused content – Created for practitioners in England & Wales specialising in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable Client matters.
- Flexible learning – Designed for practitioners who find it challenging and expensive to stay on top of changes in relevant law and practice
- Practical delivery – Informed summary of recent developments that provide practical pointers on the effect on your practice, with sources for further research on how to apply the law to individual client circumstances
- Expert Guidance – the LawSkills Monthly Digest is compiled by Gill Steel, an experienced and trusted solicitor, and her team of experts.
- Cost-effective – Compared to other more expensive services we offer an affordable, one-stop shop of tips, checks, pointers and law. Pay once annually for a monthly update direct to your inbox.
- relevant learning and development opportunities
- news, articles, opinions and commentary
- communications which help you find appropriate training in your area
January 2022 Digest Overview
- Rules for video-witnessing of Wills extended
- Effect of no charging clause in Will – Brearley v Shepherd & Co  EWHC B26
- Probate fees increase from 26 January 2022
- Deceased’s nominated person can access Apple iCloud
- Secret trust claim fails – Mattingley v Bugeja  EWHC 3353
- Challenge to a term in a Will which revoked the terms of a trust deed – Equiom v Velarde  EWHC 11
- Review of minor claimant’s IPFD award – Tucker v Purle  EWHC 3485
- Updates to Trust Registration Service – 16 December 2021 and application for Statutory Instrument
- IHT interest rate rise
- Reminders of changes to Excepted Estates – From 1 January 2022
Elderly & Vulnerable
- The DHSC social care White Paper “People at the Heart of Care” – published on 1 December 2021
- Consultation on potential changes to MCA 2005 small payments scheme – closes 12 January 2022
- Delay in implementation of Liberty Protection Safeguards – system to replace Deprivation of Liberty safeguarding system in England & Wales
- Judicial visits in Court of Protection – Re AH (Serious Medical Treatment)  EWCA 1768