LawSkills Digest Annual Subscription
£120.00 + VAT
If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to keep up to date with pressing topics in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client law, with quality insights from Gill Steel and her team, why not subscribe to our LawSkills Monthly Digest?
This is a single-user annual subscription to the LawSkills Digest.
(also available for +10 seats at £97.50+VAT)
About LawSkills Digest
- Focused content – Created for practitioners in England & Wales specialising in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable Client matters.
- Flexible learning – Designed for practitioners who find it challenging and expensive to stay on top of changes in relevant law and practice
- Practical delivery – Informed summary of recent developments that provide practical pointers on the effect on your practice, with sources for further research on how to apply the law to individual client circumstances
- Expert Guidance – the LawSkills Monthly Digest is compiled by Gill Steel, an experienced and trusted solicitor, and her team of experts.
- Cost-effective – Compared to other more expensive services we offer an affordable, one-stop shop of tips, checks, pointers and law. Pay once annually for a monthly update direct to your inbox.
- relevant learning and development opportunities
- news, articles, opinions and commentary
- communications which help you find appropriate training in your area
July 2022 Digest Overview
- Inadequate assessment of testamentary capacity – Boast v Ballardi  EWHC 1533
- Increase in number of Wills with charitable donations
- Probate online process – update
Farmer’s son fails in claim that land a partnership asset – Williams v Williams  EWHC 1717
- TRS update
- Non-UK trusts with CGT on UK property
- HMRC call for evidence on the taxation of decentralised finance lending and staking – consultation closes 31 August 2022
- Further interest rate rise on IHT paid late – 5 July 2022
- ER and the requirement for 5% ownership – Kavanagh v HMRC  UKFTT 173
- Calculating CGT PPR relief on rebuilt house – Lee v HMRC  UKFTT 175
- Burden of proof in tax investigations – Ruhal Islam v HMRC  UKFTT 188
Elderly & Vulnerable
- Dept of Health & Social Care – final operational guidance on the implementation of the care costs cap
- Draft Mental Health Bill 2022 issued to replace Mental Health Act 1983
- Best interests and Vaccination – A Clinical Commissioning Group v FZ & TZ  EWCOP 21
- Remuneration for non-professional deputies – Riddle v Parker Rhodes Hickmott Solicitors  EWCOP 18