LawSkills Digest Annual Subscription
£120.00 + VAT
If you are looking for an easy and inexpensive way to keep up to date with pressing topics in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable client law, with quality insights from Gill Steel and her team, why not subscribe to our LawSkills Monthly Digest?
This is a single-user annual subscription to the LawSkills Digest.
(also available for +10 seats at £97.50+VAT)
About LawSkills Digest
- Focused content – Created for practitioners in England & Wales specialising in Wills, Probate, Trusts, Tax and Elderly & Vulnerable Client matters.
- Flexible learning – Designed for practitioners who find it challenging and expensive to stay on top of changes in relevant law and practice
- Practical delivery – Informed summary of recent developments that provide practical pointers on the effect on your practice, with sources for further research on how to apply the law to individual client circumstances
- Expert Guidance – the LawSkills Monthly Digest is compiled by Gill Steel, an experienced and trusted solicitor, and her team of experts.
- Cost-effective – Compared to other more expensive services we offer an affordable, one-stop shop of tips, checks, pointers and law. Pay once annually for a monthly update direct to your inbox.
- relevant learning and development opportunities
- news, articles, opinions and commentary
- communications which help you find appropriate training in your area
September 2021 Digest Overview
- Prince Philip’s Will is sealed
- Digital assets – STEP releases research and issues a Call to Action
- Forgery – expert evidence Rainey v Weller  EWHC 2206
- Beddoe’s order – Clyne v Conlon  EWHC 2444
- Trust Registration Service – non-taxable trust registration goes live
- HMRC guidance on self-assessment returns for estates
- STEP guidance on cryptocurrencies
- Digital handshake hampers CGT reporting
- HMRC Trusts & Estates newsletter – September 202
Elderly & Vulnerable
- Funding and plans for long term health and social care – Government announcement
- Court fee increase from 30 September 2021
- Modernising LPAs – Ministry of Justice consultation
- Health & Care Bill – published on 6 July 2021
- Mental capacity and the internet – C (Capacity to Access the internet & social media)  EWCOP 73 (judgment delivered in April 2020 but only appearing on Bailii in September 2021)
- Review of UK GDPR – Government Consultation issued 9 September 2021
- Legal Service Board – SRA under pressure to require more price transparency